ChannelPilot offers freedom from the Pilot Plug. It is a cost-effective, semi-independent PPU, offering a combination of independent mGNSS positioning and highly accurate rate-of-turn with semi-independent heading data.
ChannelPilot also offers excellent independent AIS target reception and is an outstanding aid to narrow channel navigation, as well as supporting restricted manoeuvres in some circumstances.
With appropriate software, ChannelPilot offers many safety benefits, including assistance in poor visibility as well as the ability to receive SBAS corrections (where available).
ChannelPilot is a superb alternative to other high-end Portable Pilot Units.
Performance Features & Usability
- Semi-independent: Independent of Pilot Plug for Position and ROT data with semi-independent heading data (wirelessly calibrated from the ship's AIS)
- L1 mGNNS receiver: Multi constellation to better calculate position information.
Where available, SBAS corrections are received to augment position accuracy.
- Quick start-up: Self-calibrating gyro initialises in 120 seconds (after MMSI has been sent to CP).
- Software: Compatible with all leading piloting software (with NMEA format messages.)
- Lightweight & Portable: Weighing 850 grams and ergonomically designed, this robust unit is built for tough conditions.
- Operational run time: Operates for over 15 hours on a single charge.
- Multi-connect ability: Can connect to 3 Wi-Fi OR 7 Bluetooth devices at a time.
- Dimensions: 170 x 110 x 72 mm(h) [6.7"x 4.3" x 2.8"]
- Weight: 850g (1.9 lbs)
- Battery: Li-Ion rechargeable
- Indicators: Battery status, Link status (to the display unit)
- Position source: GPS/GLONASS/ GALILEO/ QZSS/ BEIDOU (Ll mGNSS)
- Correction source: SBAS enabled (WAAS,MSAS,EGNOS,GAGAN, SDCM, QZSS)
- Position Accuracy*: mGNSS (uncorrected) 2.5m I SBAS (corrected) 1m
- Heading (HDG): HDG Accuracy* 0.5° I HDG Precision: 0.1°
- Rate of Turn (ROT): ROT Accuracy * 0.25°/min I ROT Precision: 0.1°/min
- AIS reception range*: 10nm
- Data output: GPGGA, GPHDT, GPROT, AIVDM, GPVTG and battery status.
Output can also be configured on request
- Wireless: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth option (Class 1) (Multi-connect to multiple devices)
- Battery life: Up to 15 hours
- Set-up time: 1-2 mins
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +74°C (-4°Fto +165°F)
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +85°C (-40°Fto+ 185°F)
- Humidity: 95% (non condensing)
- IP rating: IP 66
- (RoHS): ChannelPilot meets the directive for Restriction of Hazardous Substances
*achieves accuracies down to