GyroPilot 3 is the new version of our popular unit - GyroPilot.
GyroPilot is a portable pilot unit (PPU) perfect for maritime pilots looking for a small, lightweight, rugged and cost effective PPU, where full independence from ships systems is not required.
It accurately transmits AIS position, adds independent Rate Of Turn and calculates smoothed Heading.
Should AIS fail, GyroPilot can supply position and COG for emergency use. Wireless transmission of this data (via Class 1 Bluetooth or Wi-Fi) allows information to be displayed on the chosen laptop/tablet with appropriate software. GyroPilot is very easy to set up and operate.
It offers a Portable Pilot solution to those looking for compact, robust and reliable units providing accurate data that doesn't need to be fully independent of the ships information.
Performance Features & Usability
- Quick Start up: AIS available immediately and ROT after calibration (30 sec).
- Auto detect: Auto detects and corrects Pilot Plug pin configuration and data rate.
- Leave-behind Alarm: Alarm activates 30 sec after GyroPilot is no longer connected to the laptop/tablet.
- Backup mGNSS: Should AIS fail, GP provides mGNSS position and course over ground (COG) for emergency use.
- Software: Compatible with all leading piloting and navigation software (with NMEA format messages)
- Multi-Connect ability: Compatible with both Bluetooth or Wi-Fi devices. Can connect with 3 Wi-Fi or 7 Bluetooth devices at the same time.
- Dimensions: 120 x 75 x 40mm [4.7" x 2.9"x 1.6"]
- Weight: 300g [0.66 lbs]
- Battery: Li-Ion rechargeable
- Indicators: Battery status, Communication link status, GNSS status,AIS status
- AIS Cable: 1.5m Combined AIS & charging cable(other lengths available on request)
- Position source: Primary - AIS I Back up - mGNSS
- Rate of Turn (ROT): ROT Accuracy* 0.4°/min I ROT Precision:0.001°/min
- Heading (HDG): HDG Accuracy* 0.5° I HDGPrecision: 0.001°
- Data output: All AIS messages, GPHDT, GPROT, battery status
- Wireless: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth (Class1).Back-up operation by USB cable
- Backup GPS: 33-channel GPS/GLONASS receiver with SBAS. GPGGA, GPVTG, GPGSV
- Testing: AIS test message built-in
- Battery Life: Up to 24 hours
- External linking (Option): GyroPilot Plus independent position sensor (single antenna unit)
(Available tor purchase separately)
- Position Accuracy*: mGNSS 2.Sm I SBAS lm [from GyroPilot Plus]
- Set-up time: 1-2mins
* Achieves accuracies down to
- Operating temperature: -20°Cto +74°C (-4°Fto +165°F)
- Storage temperature: -40°Cto +74°C (-40°F to +165°F)
- Humidity: 95%(non-condensing)
- IP rating: IP 65
- (RoHS): GyroPilot meets the directive for Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
This is the link for GyroPilot Firmware [version 3.1]