Intermediate Course (coming soon)
The Intermediate course is the next step for existing and prospective Portable Pilot Unit (PPU) users as it builds from the skills gained in the Foundation course.
The Intermediate course is designed to assist a Portable Pilot Unit (PPU) user with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in becoming more proficient in the use of their PPU and incorporating it into an effective Bridge Team, as well as becoming aware of accidents and their causes. It consists of modules 6-10 and adheres to the guidelines established by the International Maritime Pilots Association (IMPA).
What you’ll learn:
- The incorporation of a PPU into an effective Bridge Resource Management (BRM) system
- The key areas for accurate data input into PPU software
- Setting up and monitoring the data from a PPU
- Reviewing case studies to determine best and poor practice in the use of PPUs
- Understanding the basic principles of effective PPU equipment management
- Completion of the Foundation course, or click the "Enquire Now" button below for more information on pre-requisites for this course
- Online (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Zoom)
- Facilitated by our trainers, led by Navicom’s Specialist Training Director, a retired Naval Commander with over 40 years of experience as a mariner
At a glance:
- 5 separate learning modules, each covering a key aspect of PPU management and safety
- Onsite and online training delivered to you wherever and whenever it best suits you
- Personalised certificate on course completion
For additional and summarized information please use the data tabs below.
Furthermore, if you would like to register your interest for this course or if you have any additional questions, you can use the “Enquire Now” option and a member of our friendly sales team will be in touch with you.
Module 6: Knowledge of the PPU role in Bridge Resource Management (BRM) and Master Pilot Exchange
Module 7: Knowledge of preparations for setting up a PPU
Module 8: Review of case studies of incidents with a PPU system involved
Module 9: Knowledge of PPU equipment management
Module 10: Knowledge of PPU practical learning