Experience total situational awareness for safe navigation of vessels with the reliable performance of Navicom Portable Pilot Units (PPU). Receive accurate and real-time vessel dynamics information on any number of screens to equip the vessels' navigational crew and key personnel to synchronize operations and communications.
As a high-precision Portable Pilot Unit, Hyperion provides accurate and reliable information, which is fully independent from ship thereby greatly improving safety and efficiency.
Plenty of additional useful features like backup battery function, adding shore-based data, and recording voyages for playback improve usage of system.
Performance Features & Usability
Independent of vessel
The system is entirely independent of the vessel. It is a secondary source of vital vessel information that supports critical decision-making during manoeuvres.
Critical information source/data points Get accurate Position, Heading, Rate-of-turn, COG, SOG and other useful data to create a stable image of the vessel on the chart display software with optional future vessel path predictions.
Critical information source/data points
Get accurate Position, Heading, Rate-of-turn, COG, SOG and other useful data to create a stable image of the vessel on the chart display software with optional future vessel path predictions.
Increased situational awareness of the vessel and it's surroundings made available on as many displays as required (navigational team and key personnel).
Information available on portable displays (tablets /iPads/Windows based systems), allows the key personnel to easily walk around the bridge wing or any location that has been set up.
Add-on up to 24 screens to interface with Hyperion to provide the same accurate and real-time information to additional key personnel for a synchronised operation.
High quality sensors with advanced technology to form state-of-the-art systems that are accurate, reliable and user-friendly.
User-oriented, feature-rich software
A number of useful features to improve training, usability and safety.
- Dimensions: L503mm x W406mm x H193mm (exterior) (19.in x 15.9in x 7.59in]
- Weight: 7kg (excluding display) 15.4 pounds
- Power requirements: 1101240 v, 50160 Hz
- Battery: Rechargeable battery pack
- Indicators: Master & Slave antenna reception, Heading status, Differential status, Communication link, Power SV
- Position source:
mGNSS receiver tracking 336 channels
Constellations (configurable): GPS: L1 CIA, L2E, L2C, LS BeiDou: B1, B2, B3 I GLONASS: L1 CIA, L2 CIA, L3 CDMA Galileo: E1, ESA, ESB, ESAltBOC, E6 IRNSS : LS
QZSS: L1 CIA, L1 SAIF, L2C, LS, LEX SBAS: L1 CIA , LS
- Correction source:
SBAS enabled - WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN, SDCM
Optional subscription based correction services
- Position accuracy:
GNSSIGPS (uncorrected) *1.2m (3.9')
WAAS (SSAS corrected) *0.3m (1')
Other subscription based augmentation services are available optionally, on request.
- Time to First Fix (TTFF):
Cold Start <45s I Warm Start <30s
- (mGNSS receiver):
Signal Re-Acquisition <2s
HDG accuracy: 0.1° (1o) (2m baseline)
HDG Precision: 0.01°
- Bow & Stern Velocity (SOG): ± 0.1mlsec (0.2Kn)
- Rate of Turn: ROT Accuracy: 0.5°lmin (1o) I ROT Precision : 0.01°lmin
- Pitch & Roll (optional): Accuracy: 0.1° (1o) I Precision: 0.01°
- AIS reception range: >10Nm (assuming optimal conditions)
- Data output (NMEAIAIS): GPGGA, GPHDT, GPROT, GPVTG, AIVDM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth (Class 1) [optional], Ethernet
- Operating temperature: -32°C to +74°C (-25°F to +165°F)
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to+ 185°F)
- Humidity: 95% (non-condensing)
- RoHS: Hyperion meets the directive for Restriction of Hazardous Substances
*achieves accuracies down to