Achieve superior navigation and docking with the ultimate in positioning, heading and ROT performance available from HarbourPilot Triton.
HarbourPilot Triton provides marine pilots with reliable information, which is fully independent from ship’s data.
HarbourPilot Triton is a high precision, dual antenna system with full mGNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU) with L1 and L2 bands. L2-activation greatly improves functionality and performance. This gives it much more data to work with, increasing both accuracy and reliability.
HarbourPilot Triton allows quick set-up by placing the antenna at any separation. RTK and DGPS base station UHF option is also available. Position accuracy can also be corrected to near-RTK levels using the Atlas satellite-based correction service anywhere in the world.
Performance Features & Usability
- Independent: Fully independent from ships data. Offers a reliable secondary source for navigation information.
- Variable antenna separation: No need for pre-programmed fixed antenna separation. Users can place antennas at any separation up to 5m. L2 band facilitates quicker acquisition of HDG data.
- Enhancing PPU performance: Receives SBAS (where available) corrections. Optional RTK/DGPS corrections with UHF. Option for Atlas corrections services to increase accuracy.
- Familiar & Reliable: Same high-quality data on board every vessel.
- Interfacing external data: Optionally can be interfaced with shore based data such as UKC where needed.
- Enhances safety: Invaluable in low visibility or rough weather conditions. Supports any manoeuvre for ship handling in confined waters and marginal conditions.
- Robust & Durable: Ruggedised carry case allows ease of carriage, set-up and stowage. Protects gear from harsh maritime conditions or rough use.
- Dimensions: L457mm x W330mm x H175mm(interior) [L17.9" x W12.9" x H6.8") L503mm x W406mm x H193mm(exterior)[L19.8" x W16" x H16")
- Weight: 8 kg (excluding laptop) (17.6 lbs)
- Battery: Li-ion rechargeable
- Battery Life: Up to 10 hours
- Indicators: Battery status, Communication link, GNSS position , Antenna Rx, Heading,UHF Link
- Position source: L1/L2mGNSS- GPS/ GLONASS/ GALILEO/ QZSS/ BEiDOU
- Correction source: SBAS enabled (WAAS, MSAS, EGNOS, GAGAN, SDCM, QZSS)
Additional enhancements: UHF DGPS (base station), UHF RTK (base station), Atlas satellite based corrections
- Position Accuracy*: GNSS 2.5m I SBAS (corrected) 0.5m DGPS (corrected) 0.5m I RTK (corrected) 0.02m. Atlas correction services(corrected) H30=0.3m/H10=0.08m
- Heading (HDG): HDG Accuracy*: 0.04° at 2m antenna seperation
HDG Precision: 0.001°
- Rate of Turn (ROT): ROT Accuracy* 0.3°/min, ROT Precision 0.1°/min
- AIS reception range*: Internal AIS - 3nm, External AIS- 10nm
- Data output: GPGGA,GPHDT,GPROT, AIVDM and battery status
- Multi -connect ability: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth (class 1).
Can connect to multiple devices at once to enable sharing of info.
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +74°C (-4°F to +165°F)
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to+ 185°F)
- Humidity: 95% (non condensing)
- IP rating: IP 67
- (RoHS): HarbourPilot Triton Ruggedised meets the directive for Restriction of Hazardous Substances
*achieves accuracies down to