Introducing a unique Portable Pilot Unit under the GyroPilot brand. Based on the original GyroPilot which is a Pilot Plug based PPU that plugs into the ship's Pilot Plug to report AIS position, independent ROT, smoothed heading, COG & SOG of the vessel it is plugged into. GyroPilot STS is a specialised version of this PPU.
Presenting a specialised GyroPilot which is developed for assisting Ship-to-Ship or Lightering operations.
This hybrid device interfaces with the Pilot Plug of the approaching tanker and is capable of polling the AIS of the main tanker. The GyroPilot STS reports the HDG, ROT, COG, SOG & AIS position of both the vessels i.e. the approaching tanker (where it is plugged into the AIS) and the main tanker.
It neatly displays this information, both visually and numerically on an iPad loaded with SEAiq.
Once SEAiq is placed into docking mode, it is able to display approach vectors and closing distances from forwards and aft shoulders of the approaching tankers. Thus giving the pilot situational awareness of of both vessels and other AIS targets in the vicinity, allowing for a more accurate, efficient and safer operation to take place.
Performance Features & Usability
- Quick Start up: AIS available immediately and ROT after calibration (30 sec).
- Auto detect: Auto detects and corrects Pilot Plug pin configuration and data rate.
- Accurate: On-board pitch and roll sensing to improve Heading accuracy. (Available soon and user upgradable)
- Leave-behind Alarm: Alarm activates 30 sec after GyroPilot is no longer connected to the laptop/tablet.
- Backup mGNSS: Should AIS fail, GP provides position and course over ground (COG) for emergency use.
- Multi-Connect ability: Compatible with both Bluetooth or Wi-Fi devices. Can connect with multiple devices at the same time to share information.
- Dimensions: 120 x 75 x 40mm [4.7" x 2.9"x 1.6"]
- Weight: 300g [0.66 lbs]
- Battery: Li-Ion rechargeable
- Indicators: Battery status, Communication link, GNSS status, AIS status
- AIS Cable: 1.5m Combined AIS & charging cable (other lengths available on request)
- Position source Rate of Turn (ROT): Heading (HDG) Data output Wireless Primary - AIS | Back up - mGNSS
- Heading (HDG): ROT Accuracy < 0.5° | ROT Precision : 0.1°/min HDG Accuracy < 0.5° | HDG Precision : 0.1°
- Data output: All AIS messages, GPHDT, GPROT, battery status
- Wireless: Wi-Fi & Bluetooth (Class 1). Back-up operation by USB cable
- Backup GPS: 33-channel GPS/GLONASS receiver with SBAS. GPGGA, GPVTG, GPGSV
- Firmware: User upgradable