GyroPilot AIS has been designed to provide re-transmitted ships GPS information and AIS output from the ship's pilot plug. Wireless transmission of this data via Class 1 Bluetooth or Wi-Fi allows display on the chosen laptop or device.
This unit is very lightweight, rugged, and is very easy to set up and operate.
Receiver: Pilot plug data-WiFi converter with on-off switch, battery status, communications link status and AIS status LEDs. Li-Ion rechargeable battery. All in a lightweight plastic case that fits easily in the palm of the hand.
Pilot plug connector: Plugs into the ship’s pilot plug and will automatically adjust to any incorrect wiring of the pilot plug, so reliable AIS data is received.
Charger: Comes with own charger. The USB charging cable can also be used to charge this unit while in operation, via a suitable laptop USB port.
Storage pouch: A convenient waterproof pouch to store your GyroPilot AIS is included.
Start-up: It only takes a few seconds to install. Simply plug into pilot plug and switch on. Only a few minutes to provision of re-transmitted ships information and AIS. Data passed over WiFi or BT connection (depending on model) or USB cable to laptop.
Software: Works with most good quality navigation software and works well with most ECDIS/ECS software.
Performance Features & Usability
- Quick Start up: AIS available immediately.
- Auto detect: Auto detects and corrects Pilot Plug pin configuration and data rate.
- Leave-behind Alarm: Alarm activates 30 sec after GyroPilot is no longer connected to the laptop/tablet.
- Software: Compatible with all leading piloting and navigation software (with NMEA format messages)
- Multi-Connect ability: Compatible with both Bluetooth or Wi-Fi devices. Can connect with 3 Wi-Fi or 7 Bluetooth devices at the same time.
- Position source: Primary - AIS
- Data output: All AIS messages, battery status
- Wireless: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth (Class1).Back-up operation by USB cable
- Testing: AIS test message built-in
- Battery Life: Up to 24 hours
- Set-up time: 1-2 mins
- Operating temperature: -20°Cto +74°C (-4°Fto +165°F)
- Storage temperature: -40°Cto +74°C (-40°F to +165°F)
- Humidity: 95%(non-condensing)
- IP rating: IP 65
- (RoHS): GyroPilot meets the directive for Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
*achieves accuracies down to