Foundation Course (Beta Version)
Welcome to Navicom's newest digital eLearning course as part of Azimuth Learning Academy, designed to upskill marine pilots whenever, and wherever they are around the world!
The Foundation course is Azimuth Learning Academy's introductory course for current and future Portable Pilot Unit (PPU) users to begin their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) journey by building the foundations for safely and effectively using a PPU.
It consists of 5 modules and follows the guidelines set down by the International Maritime Pilots' Association (IMPA) and also revises knowledge of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) and Electronic Charts.
What you'll learn:
- The theory underpinning PPU Systems
- The significance of correct and thorough planning
- GNSS fundamentals
- The configuration and orientation of PPU hardware and software
- The principles and application of AIS and Electronic Navigational Charts,
- Basic PPU System fault finding and simple error troubleshooting.
- Digital eLearning
- Delivered by Navicom’s Specialist Training Director, a retired Naval Commander with over 40 years of experience as a mariner
At a glance:
- 5 separate learning modules, each covering a key aspect of PPU Foundations
- 10 hours of video content
- Downloadable resources
- 6 months’ access to course content
- Accessible on any device (Windows, iOS, Android)
- Personalised certificate on course completion
How do I purchase the Foundation course?
Simply click on the "Buy Now" button below. Once the Foundation course goes live, you will be able to purchase the Foundation course by logging in with your account details and following the on-screen instructions.
Please note you will need to register or sign-in to our Client Portal to access the Foundation course.
To register an account or to sign-in to your account, click below. Once you register, you should receive an email to set up your password. If you do not receive an email within 24 hrs please check your Junk Mail folder as your system may not have recognised the new email address.
Module 1: PPU displays and their user interface with position systems
Module 2: PPU planning and preparation
Module 3: Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) and their accuracy
Module 4: Electronic charts and their management
Module 5: PPU errors and troubleshooting