ChannelPilot can now work with NTRIP corrections to provide RTK level accuracy, in a single antenna PPU.
The NTRIP client is run on the users display (laptop/tablet) and the obtained RTK corrections are used by the ChannelPilot to provide position accuracy down to 2.5cm.
With this introduction, ChannelPilot's accurate, reliable and stable performance is further improved. Which can also result in extending the unit for further applications such as docking and berthing.
Users will require their ECS to have an NTRIP client and a subscription to a local NTRIP provider. The display unit (laptop/tablet) should have a cellular connection capability. (LTE)
The unit is the same form factor as a ChannelPilot MK3 and has no equivalent product in the PPU market.
Performance Features & Usability
Semi-independent: Independent of Pilot Plug for Position and ROT data with semi-independent heading data (wirelessly calibrated from the ship's AIS)
Quick start-up: Self-calibrating gyro initialises in 120 seconds.
Lightweight & Portable: Weighing 850 grams and ergonomically designed, this robust unit is built for tough conditions.
Operational run time: 15 hours.
Multi-connect ability: Compatible with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi devices.
Can connect to 3 Wi-Fi OR 7 Bluetooth devices at the same time.
- Dimensions: 170 x 110 x 72 mm [6.7"x 4.3" x 2.8"]
- Weight: 850g (1.9 lbs)
- Battery: Li-Ion rechargeable
- Indicators: Battery status, Link status (to the display unit)
- Position source: GPS/GLONASS/ GALILEO/ QZSS/ BEIDOU (Ll mGNSS)
- Correction source**: NTRIP RTK
- Position Accuracy*: mGNSS (uncorrected) 2.5m I RTK (corrected) 0.025m
- Heading (HDG): HDG Accuracy* 0.5° I HDG Precision: 0.1°
- Rate of Turn (ROT): ROT Accuracy * 0.25°/min I ROT Precision: 0.1°/min
- AIS reception range*: 10nm
- Data output: GPGGA, GPHDT, GPROT, AIVDM, GPVTG and battery status.
Output can also be configured on request
- Wireless: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth option (Class 1) (Multi-connect to multiple devices)
- Battery life: Up to 15 hours
- Set-up time: 1-2 mins
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +74°C (-4°Fto +165°F)
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +85°C (-40°Fto+ 185°F)
- Humidity: 95% (non condensing)
- IP rating: IP 66
- (RoHS): ChannelPilot meets the directive for Restriction of Hazardous Substances
*achieves accuracies down to